"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
- Dr. Seuss

Sunday, May 10, 2009

for my mom

  • Free Orkut and My Space Mothers Day Graphics Glitters


you've done a lot for me, more than what one can expect in a lifetime.
you nurtured me, you sheltered me and protected me from harm.
you were always there by my side, ready to fight for me in just one heed of a call.
i know most of the time, i can be a burden.
i've grown up having my own beliefs and opinions that sometimes contradict what you taught me leading to petty fights between us.
but you easily cave everytime.
you are the weakest link when it comes to arguments.
yet you never seem to show how hurt you were.
and you still insist on what you think is right and what you want me to believe.
oh how pushy you are sometimes!
now this is the first and last time that i'm going to admit it and if ever asked again, i'll deny it even to the point of death:

thank you for being pushy.

because if not for your persistence, i would not have been who i am right now.
i know i have my flaws, yet you disregard it and concentrate on my positive attributes.
for you, i'm an angel. hah! how funny it will be if my friends knew about this.
they'll be laughing so hard, they have to stop reading this just to take a breather.

i actually don't know what to say.
i feel that a simple "thank you" is too small of an appreciation as to what have you done for me, what you've sacrificed for. but knowing you, just saying those two words is enough to make your heart melt.

so i say this, thank you mama. you are the best. i love you.

1 comment:

iyay said...

harhar..endi nmn ako natawa pro ur statement made made me smile [in a sarcastic way haha] peace! biro lang.=) anyway, letting her know dat u are that thankful to her wud be enough nmn. :) ang mga nanay...masyadong mushy, they can live with sweet sincere words of appreciation kesa sa material things..well,erhmm.. i think, based on what i've experienced sa mom ko.

happy mother's day to ur mom cio!